- Reading Strategies
- Literature and Composition 1 (2 levels)
- Literature and Composition 2 (3 levels)
- American Literature (2 levels)
- AP Literature and Composition*
- World Literature (2 levels)
- AP Language and Composition*
- Creative Writing
- History of Film
- After writing a traditional research paper junior year, seniors create a Multi-Genre Research Project in which they present a number of different pieces demonstrating an understanding of the information. Some examples of these different pieces include recipes, resumes, journal entries, wanted posters, trading cards, birth certificates, newspaper articles, etc. Together these pieces reflect the research in a more unique and creative manner.
- Creative Writing students participate in National Novel Writing Month, in which they develop characters and settings, peer review one anothers work, and present their finished piece to the class. Even the least confident writers are proud of their work.
- In History of Film students watch many movies, but they also compare the written novel material with the film version. This allows the students to better understand the decisions made by directors when trying to remain loyal to the source material.