Sarah Coulom - History Teacher
- BA Art History and Archaeology, History minor - University of Missouri-Columbia 2001
- M. Ed. Secondary Education - University of Missouri-St. Louis - 2017
Central Reform Congregation
Finishing my masters degree while working full time and being a mom to my two kids. I couldn't have done it without my husband!
Iggy (cat) and Penny (dog)
What is your favorite thing about your career?
I love working with kids and history. I enjoy watching the lightbulb turn on when they get something! High school kids are also incredibly fun and funny. I love their insights and humor.
If you weren’t a teacher, what would you do?
In my dreams? Working in a museum. In reality? Probably in a corporate role of some sort.
Which teacher had the greatest impact on you?
- Mrs. Stone - 1st grade. She asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up and helped me spell "Archaeologist." When I got my degree in archaeology, I sent her a graduation announcement.
- Mr. Moore - Freshmen world history. He was so knowledgable and effortless in his teaching. We worked hard, had fun, and learned a lot about a lot, including the stock market being your best bet for year over year wealth building, but to move your funds to more stable investments as you get closer to needing them.
- Mr. Hengesh - High school band. I was a TERRIBLE instrumentalist (because I never practiced), but Mr. Hengesh always encouraged me to do what I could. I was successful in marching band as the color guard captain and had Mr. H not been such a positive force in his love for teaching music to anyone who had an inkling of desire to learn, I would have missed out on that success because I would have dropped band.
What is your favorite vacation spot?
I love the beach and the mountains probably equally, so I can't decide. I love to travel and hope to have many more opportunities to go to new places.