Meet Our Counselor: Cary Lewis, Jr.
Mission and Belief Statement of Trinity’s Guidance Program
To strengthen the mission of Trinity Catholic High School, the Guidance Program seeks to impact the lives of students by addressing their needs in the areas of academic development, career development and personal/social development. This mission is based on some basic beliefs regarding students. We believe that:
- All students are unique individuals with their own God given abilities and qualities.
- All students have dignity and worth as human beings.
- All students have the ability to succeed and become contributing members of society.
- All students are able to plan their high school experience while considering appropriate education or training after high school.
- All students need the support and guidance of school, parents and community to meet their academic, personal, social, and spiritual needs.
- All students need to develop competencies in the areas of academic development, career development, and personal/social development.
- Our students are the foundation of Trinity Catholic High School and the hope of our future.
- Graduate on schedule and be academically, personally and socially successful.
- Plan their transition to appropriate post-secondary education or advanced skilled training.
- Plan and complete high school with the academic preparation essential to choose from a wide variety of options.
- Acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and make informed career decisions.
- Utilize the services and assistance available to them through the Guidance Department.
- Use appropriate resources for making informed educational, career, and personal decisions.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal behavior and methods of resolving conflicts.