James McCullough - Chair, Religion Department
- St Andrews University - PhD Theology
- Princeton Theological Seminary - MDiv/ThM
- College of New Jersey - BA Music Education
- Book - Sense and Spirituality: The Arts and Spiritual Formation (Cascade, 2015)
- Book Chapter - "Spirituality and the Visual Arts," The Routledge International Handbook on Spirituality, Society and the Professions (Routledge, 2018)
St Monica’s Catholic Church, Creve Coeur
Who is your favorite person in your field?
In the field of Theological Aesthetics - Prof. David Brown, (my PhD supervisor), and Fr. Aidan Nichols, OP.
In Dogmatic Theology - Joseph Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI)
What teacher(s) had the greatest impact on you?
~ Sr. Regina Wilson - High School music teacher; her kindness and integrity attracted me toward the teaching profession and towards Catholic spirituality.
~ Dr. Nadine Chandler - undergraduate teacher of educational philosophy; a committed atheist and socialist, she introduced me to the novel 1984 (now a favorite) and encouraged in me a courage of convictions.
~ Prof. Diogenes Allen - Philosophy professor, seminary; he opened me to Patristic Theology and to the positive relationship between faith and reason.
~ Prof. David Brown - PhD supervisor; his teaching and books widened the sphere of my thinking about the relationship between the arts and religion
What are your life goals?
To serve and advance educational ministry
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Atlantic City, New Jersey
What is your favorite thing about your career?
Turning people on to the things that turn me on